We are seeking a part-time, energetic Tasting Room Coordinator for our two locations: a small farm winery in Sumerduck, VA and a wine bar/ tasting room that is opening in downtown Fredericksburg in spring 2023.
You are our ideal candidate if you have experience in hospitality and leadership, you love working through new challenges, you are positive and unflappable, and you have excellent attention to detail. We are looking for someone who is excited by the opportunity to grow with the business.
Compensation: Starting compensation is $16/hour base pay + pooled tips. Includes complimentary wine-club releases and generous employee discount.
Schedule: This is a part-time position for approximately 20-25 hours weekly. The Tasting Room Coordinator will work 2-3 shifts per week at the winery and wine bar/tasting room and also has additional duties such as scheduling staff. The ideal candidate will have flexible availability Wed-Sun in the afternoons and evenings.
Overview: We are a small farm winery in Sumerduck, VA (22742) with a friendly, welcoming, and casual atmosphere. We are opening a wine bar/tasting room in Fredericksburg City (22401) in summer 2023. We have a small team of dedicated staff, where everyone does a little bit of everything. In addition to regular tasting room duties, the Tasting Room Coordinator has a key leadership role responsible for tasting room operations.
- Tasting Room Operations: Ensures that both tasting rooms run smoothly and communicates clearly and consistently with staff. Purchases and manages tasting room supplies and inventory. Develops procedures as needed.
- Leadership: Responsible for scheduling staff as well as participates in hiring and training. Leads team in a supportive and positive atmosphere, with excellent organizational and problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Strategic growth: Works closely with owner and leadership team to generate sales and grow the business through excellent customer service, innovative offerings, and creative events.
- Excellent service: Provides excellent customer service and educates customers about our offerings.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Requirements & Skills
- Must be 21 years of age or older. Experience in hospitality and leadership required. Basic knowledge of and interest in wine is required. Interest in craft beer is preferred.
- Must have a flexible schedule with availability to work Wed-Sun in the afternoons and evenings, up to 25 hours total. This position will work shifts regularly in both Sumerduck, VA (22742) and Fredericksburg City (22401) as well as offsite events.
- Must be comfortable navigating technology, using complex point-of-sale systems, wine club software, and Google applications.
- Requires excellent oral and written communication skills; a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail; solid organizational abilities.
- Requires a positive and growth mindset willing to embrace change and learn new things.
- Requires the ability to stand for long periods of time, squat, lift 40 lbs, and go up and down stairs repeatedly.
- Requires the ability to earn food handling and alcohol-related certifications.
- Must maintain high standards of cleanliness and reinforce safety and compliance regulations with staff and customers. Requires basic food preparation skills.
- Must have a valid Virginia driver’s license, be able to drive, and have reliable transportation. Must be eligible to work in the United States.
Email your resume, cover letter, and references to email@example.com with “Tasting Room Coordinator” in the subject line.