We are seeking a part-time, energetic Offsite Event Coordinator who will be responsible for managing offsite events, including festivals, markets, and community events, for a small farm winery in Sumerduck, VA and a wine bar/ tasting room that is opening in downtown Fredericksburg in spring 2023.
Compensation: Compensation is $15/hour base pay + pooled tips. Includes complimentary wine-club releases and generous employee discount.
Schedule: This is a part-time position with approximately 10-15 hours weekly, with hours varying depending on events. Some travel is required, and some events are multiple days, with hours increasing in the fall. The Offsite Event Coordinator will also work regularly in the tasting room and wine bar when there are no scheduled events.
Overview: We are a small farm winery in Sumerduck, VA (22742) with a friendly, welcoming, and casual atmosphere. We are opening a wine bar/tasting room in Fredericksburg City (22401) in spring 2023. We have a small team of dedicated staff, where everyone does a little bit of everything. In addition to regular tasting room duties, the Offsite Event Manager has a key leadership role responsible for running festivals, markets, and community events.
- Offsite Event Management: Manages the winery’s participation in off-site events, including festivals, farmers markets, and community events. Coordinates with owner on registration and licensing. Transports, sets up and breaks down the winery’s presence, and returns items to the winery as needed. Organizes and maintains festival supplies.
- Leadership: Serves as lead at off-site events. Works with Tasting Room Coordinator to make sure events are staffed. Tracks sales performance at offsite events and addresses any issues as needed. Also regularly serves as in-charge staff in tasting rooms as needed.
- Strategic growth: Works closely with owner and leadership team to generate sales and grow the business through excellent customer service, innovative offerings, and creative events.
- Excellent service: Provide excellent customer service and educate customers about our offerings.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Requirements & Skills
- Must be 21 years of age or older. Experience in managing events and basic knowledge of and interest in wine is required. Interest in craft beer is preferred.
- Must have a flexible schedule during the weekend with availability to facilitate offsite events as needed.
- Must be comfortable navigating technology, using complex point-of-sale systems, wine club software, and Google applications.
- Requires communication skills; a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail; solid organizational abilities.
- Requires a positive and growth mindset willing to embrace change and learn new things. Enthusiastic about leading a team representing the winery.
- Requires the ability to set up and take down the winery’s presence at offsite events (tents, tables, coolers, etc.); stand for long periods of time; squat; lift 40 lbs; and go up and down stairs. Also requires the ability to work in varying weather conditions, to include rain, heat, cold, and wind.
- Must maintain high standards of cleanliness and reinforce safety and compliance regulations with staff and customers. Requires basic food preparation skills.
- Must have a valid Virginia driver’s license and be able to provide proof of excellent driving record and insurance.
Email your resume, cover letter, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Offsite Event Coordinator” in the subject line.