We are seeking a part-time, energetic Wine Club Coordinator to manage wine clubs for a small farm winery in Sumerduck, VA and a wine bar/ tasting room that is opening in downtown Fredericksburg in spring 2023.
You are our ideal candidate if you have experience in hospitality and events, you are friendly and outgoing, you love working through new challenges, you have a talent for developing relationships with customers, and you have excellent attention to detail.
Compensation: Compensation is $15/hour base pay + pooled tips. Includes complimentary wine-club releases and generous employee discount.
Schedule: This is a part-time position with approximately 10-15 hours weekly, with additional hours around club releases. The Wine Club Coordinator will work regularly in both the winery tasting room in Sumerduck, VA and the wine bar in Fredericksburg, Va. Includes limited work that can be done remotely.
Overview: We are a small farm winery in Sumerduck, VA (22742) with a friendly, welcoming, and casual atmosphere. We are opening a wine bar/tasting room in Fredericksburg City (22401) in spring 2023. We have a small team of dedicated staff, where everyone does a little bit of everything. In addition to regular tasting room duties, the Wine Club Coordinator has a key leadership role responsible for growing and managing the wine clubs.
- Club Management: Manages existing wine clubs; will launch and manage new wine club at wine bar. Maintains private Facebook group for wine club members and participates in marketing initiatives. Manages shipping orders for the winery.
- Leadership: Will serve as in-charge staff in both tasting rooms as needed.
- Strategic growth: Works closely with owner and leadership team to generate sales and grow the business through excellent customer service, innovative offerings, and creative events.
- Excellent service: Provide excellent customer service and educate customers about our offerings.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Requirements & Skills
- Must be 21 years of age or older. Experience in hospitality and basic knowledge of and interest in wine is required. Interest in craft beer is preferred.
- Must have a flexible schedule with availability to work up to 15 hours total. Availability during the weekend is required; weeknights preferred. This position will work shifts regularly in both Sumerduck, VA (22742) and Fredericksburg City (22401) as well as offsite events.
- Must be comfortable navigating technology, using complex point-of-sale systems, wine club software, and Google applications.
- Requires excellent oral and written communication skills; a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail; solid organizational abilities.
- Requires a positive and growth mindset willing to embrace change and learn new things.
- Requires the ability to stand for long periods of time, squat, lift 40 lbs, and go up and down stairs.
- Requires the ability to earn food handling and alcohol-related certifications.
- Must maintain high standards of cleanliness and reinforce safety and compliance regulations with staff and customers. Requires basic food preparation skills.
- Must have a valid Virginia driver’s license, be able to drive, and have reliable transportation.
- Experience with social media platforms (Facebook & Instagram) preferred.
Email your resume, cover letter, and references to email@example.com with “Wine Club Coordinator” in the subject line.